Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

In our quest of keeping our lives simple, I looked at the outfits that our kids already had and tried to come up with costumes from them. For the girls, it was easy. Mom made their "Little House on the Prairie" dresses a few years ago and I asked them if they would like to dress up in these dresses for Halloween. Will had visions of being a superhero...but I remembered his Daniel Boone coon-skin cap from this summer and thought that would be a perfect compliment to the girls' outfits. Only problem was finding him some clothes...thanks to Goodwill (and Mom's sewing talents), we completed our costumes!! I even found metal buckets for the girls (just like the lunch pails from years ago).

Here's the crew before heading out...my 4, Deb's 3 and my cousin's little boy (the skunk).
First stop - "Aunt" Barb & "Uncle" Willy's (my parent's neighbor)


One of our last stops had these "legs" under the garage door...Will & Emma were so worried and had to investigate!

No comments: