Sunday, February 11, 2018

Driving Miss Kaitee

Well, it has started...the inevitable has begun.  Our eldest is learning to drive.  Matt has drawn the short straw for this parenting job.  I always remind him that I changed the dirty diapers!  In reality, he has had an amazing amount of patience with Kaitee as they have hit the road over the past few months.  I think it's safe to say that he would love a brake/steering wheel combo on the passenger side of the van, though! 

We are blessed that Moline High School has Driver's Ed as a part of the school curriculum.  Not many schools do anymore.  Moline also has a practice driving course - Matt & Kaitee spent many hours there the first few weeks!  Here are some pictures of Kaitee practicing her mad skills on the course during a bit of a snow storm. 

Oh!  And a tip to other parents out there...buy a set of "Student Driver" magnets from Amazon.  It is a very small price to pay for your sanity and the patience of those around you!

No comments: