You may remember, back in May we gave Kaitee tickets to see Hamilton -- in July. June was a very long month, filled with anticipation.
Finally the day arrived. Kaitee and I left early in the day for downtown Chicago. We listened to the Hamilton Sound Track on the way. Stopping only for a quick breakfast/lunch. We found the parking garage and walked the few blocks to the CIBC Theater.
Before we crossed the final street, we took a few pictures. The pictures don't capture the full excitement, Kate was in Heaven.
Becki probably won't want me to share the following on the blog, but it played a significant part of the day, so...
There's a story to the smart phone Kaitee is holding. It belongs to Becki. I'm a very proud owner of an old flip phone, and have ZERO interest in ever switching. Needless to say Hamilton discriminates against those of us 'lessers' (or as Becki says, "losers" lol) in not sending out an Email with a QR code to print, you HAVE to show them the QR code on your smart phone. I called the ticket office, I called Ticketmaster, I called the theater...no luck. Spend money for the tickets, and then if you don't have the right kind of phone, guess you're out of luck.
SO, Becki gave us her phone - leaving herself without a phone for the day. I didn't understand the thing, but Kaitee did. Here she is taking a couple of selfies -- I tried to get into the second one.
Once inside, Kaitee loved all the detail and architecture. I've been in a few theaters in my lifetime, but this was Kate's first experience. I loved seeing things through her eyes. Kaitee asked if she could take a picture that is a "tradition" on social media. You sitting in your seat with the Playbill and stage in frame. She took the next picture with Becki's phone, and I took the second picture with our nice camera.
Kaitee and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire production. The cast did a fantastic job!! I'm glad that we could pull this off and give Kaitee a present that she would truly remember for her 16th Birthday. I'm so glad that I got to enjoy the day with her.
Afterwards, we left the Windy City and headed home. We had time to look for a couple of letterboxes and have a nice dinner together. It was a lovely day.





No comments:
Post a Comment